Friday, August 17, 2012

My Friend, The Fish


About a couple days ago, my best friend, Winter sadly passed away because of a big swollen eye (A.K.A. Popeye.) And a few days before that, I noticed it. But, I just thought it was a thing on his eye. I should of looked closer, because I didn’t see his pupil. Poor Winter. Never even got to spend his birthday with him. I was what you call . . . Devastated. Sad. Tearful. Mad. Mad at me for not telling someone. For thinking, “Ah, he’ll be fine.” Well guess what Misa? He’s not! But it’s too late to warn myself because maybe I don’t know, two days later, I’m feeding him and I looked even closer. “ Why is that big thing still there? Oh my gosh Winter! You have a swollen eye!” I was thinking out loud and my mom and my brother heard me.We quickly searched the web and found a website that said you should act quickly to prevent death, blindness or the eye falling completely out of his socket! I was so scared, that I started to cry. My mom kept on saying, “ It’s okay. We’re treating it.” But it was a slightly too late. “Um mama? Winter is floating in the corner,” said my little bro. And then it happened. I cried a little. Then more. Then . . . it was pouring my tears. Winter was gone.

It was horrible. The crying. The tears. The empty hole in my heart. I can’t stand thinking about him. And some people call it crazy, to have a fish as your best friend. I don’t. Yes, he may be gone, but I am proud to call him,

My friend, the fish.

4 comments:

  1. Dedicated to my friend, Winter.

    I'll never forget you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Winter, too. I like that he is still near us. I love you Misa!

    ~Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-( Jada & I are so sorry for the loss of your fishy friend, Misa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sad about Winter. I even cried. There is an empty feeling when a pet is gone. Remember how having Winter made you happy. Eventually you can have another pet to care for and be friends with and both the pet and you will be the better for it. Hang in there.

    Love Annie

    ReplyDelete