Saturday, June 2, 2012

Dearest Memories

I was cleaning my room when I noticed something shining in the distance.
I pick it up. Hold it for a minute, then recognize it. 

It was a doll. Not just any doll, but Kara. Kara was my absolute FAVORITE doll when I was littler. I remember the time when I lost her and got so upset I wouldn't get out of bed until I found it in my pillow case. I chuckle a little and go back to cleaning my room.

I search for clumps of toys mashing against each other, and I find my giraffe, Zu-Zu. I remember the day I got it. It was my last day of kindergarten. My teacher came up with this idea, that you had to fill up a jar with marbles, and when you filled it up, your WHOLE class got a prize. We filled up the biggest marble jar we had. We got little stuffed-animals. My teacher even cried. I knew I would have something to remember her by.

I finally come to my last part of my room. I look everywhere for clothes unfolded and untidy. I find a jean skirt with a ocean fabric sewn across it. I defiantly remember this one. My sister got me it for my 3rd birthday. It went down to my ankles. One morning, in first grade, I noticed there was a hole in my skirt. Naturally, I told my parents. Luckily, I know a great sewer, so I asked her to sew my skirt, and she did! 

So thank-you my dearest memories. You helped me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment